This dish is a spicy Thai curry softened with coconut milk. Do not omit the coconut milk it is essential to the dish, but the vegetables can be interchanged with western vegetables. If you can't get the green aubergine, use a suitable green frying vegetable rather than purple kind. The curry is ready mixed paste commonly used in Thailand, you can get this from an Asian grocer.
Ingredients for 2 people
100 gms. Pork
50 gms. of ready make red Curry paste
200 ml. Coconut Milk
100 ml. Water
50 gms. Green Bean
50 gsm. Green Aubergine
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
Hot Fragrant Rice
1.Clean pork and chop into small bite sized pieces.
2. Slice the green aubergine and chop the green beans into 3 cm pieces.
3. Put half the coconut milk (100 ml). in a hot pan until the coconut steams and turn the gas down to medium
4. Add the red curry paste and stir it until the coconut and curry are mixed together.
5. Add the pork and stir again until the pork is cooked.
6. Add fish sauce, sugar and salt to taste.
7. Add the remaining half of the coconut milk and the water and bring to the boil.
8. Add the vegetables and simmer until the vegetables are just cooked.