These pan fried ribs are slow cooked and flavoured with turmeric & spices to give a curried flavour. You can find several more rib recipes in the Western Influences section of this site, including my personal favourite, Pan Cooked Sweet Ribs!
500 gms Pork Ribs
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste
2 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
100 ml Coconut Milk
200 ml Water
1. Clean the pork ribs, cut into individual ribs.
2. Mix the yellow curry paste, lemon juice, sugar, salt, fish sauce, and coconut milk, add the ribs and make sure they are thoroughly coated.
3. Marinade overnight in the mix.
4. Place the ribs in a saucepan, add the water and boil.
5. Simmer until all the water has boiled off and you're left with just the fat that has boiled off the ribs, this takes approx 30-45 minutes. Continue heating for another 10 minutes on a low heat to brown the ribs in their own fat.