There's plenty of good healthy light protein in prawns, and this is a nice way to eat them. Eat this dish with Thai fragrant rice, a good way to present them is to keep the head and tail on, and only shell the middle. It makes the dish look more stylish!
Ingredients for Two People
1 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
100 ml Coconut Milk
50 ml Water
2 Red Chillies
2 Kaffir Citrus Leaves
2 Tablespoons Oil
1. Clean the prawns, take off the middle shell leaving the head and tail intact. Cut the prawn down the back and remove the black thread 'gut' which is very off-putting.
2. Fry the shrimp in oil for 30 second and remove onto a plate.
3. Into the same pan, put the curry paste and oil and fry for a few seconds to release the flavours.
4. Add the coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, and water and fry on a low heat while mixing, it only takes a few minutes to make.
5. Chop the chillies into halves, and add to the frying pan.
6. Serve the prawns by arranging them on a plate and pouring the curry sauce over them. Garnish with slices of the kaffir leaves. When you eat it, east some of the kaffir leaves too, they're part of the flavourings.
Thai Fragrant Rice