Yum, steamed banana pudding with coconut. As with many dishes in Thailand, this is less sweet than western desserts, making it quite a healthy dessert to eat, well in small quantities anyway! You will need a small bowl or aluminium tray to pour this into and that bowl or tray needs to fit inside your steamer. This dessert does not keep well, it should be prepared and eaten on the same day.
40 gms Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch
75 gms Sugar
230 ml Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Dessicated (Dried Shredded) Coconut
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Aluminium Foil Trays
1. Chop the bananas into a food processor, add rice flour, sugar cassava starch and coconut milk.
2. Blend the ingredients until smooth, you can also mash the bananas by hand, but it takes a little work.
3. Spoon into an aluminium foil tray sprinkle with desicated coconut and a pinch of salt.
4. Steam for 20 minutes in a Chinese steamer.
5. And leave it to cool in the fridge.
6. Just before serving, decorate it with slices of banana and more dessicatd coconut. If you dip the banana slices in orange juice they will keep their colour longer, but it's still best to serve it straight away.