In Thailand, lots of our desserts are flower scented. We use fresh flowers left in water overnight, but it's also common to use artificial flower scents made from chemicals, it's just that Linalool doesn't sound as tasty as Jasmine!
120 gms Cake Flour
100 gms Sugar
4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1-2 Drops of Jasmin Flavour
1. Mix the flour and sugar, together, add the oil and rub between your finger tips until the oil is well mixed into the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
2. Add a drop or two of the jasmin flavour and just enough water to bind the mixture into a loose pastry.
3. Set out your baking tray and cover with tin foil.
4. Pinch off balls of the pastry and make the flowers.
5. You can see how the flower is made, the balls are cut into quarters, a smaller ball is placed in the centre to hold them together.
6. Bake at 200 degrees celsius until lightly browned (approx 10-15 minutes).