These butterfly shaped twists are a great use of pastry offcuts after making a puff pastry pie or other dish using puff pastry. They take only a few extra steps from the puff pastry recipe to these butterfly twists.
Puff Pastry Offcuts
1 Egg Yolk
1. Roll the puff pastry to 1/8th inch thick (0.3cms)
2. Cut into strips 2-3 cms wide and 5 cm long, about 1 inch by 2 inches.
3. Twist the strips in the middle a full 360 degrees, and place the on a baking sheet.
4. Brush with egg yolk, and sprinkle sugar on the top.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees celsius. It's a good idea to check them after 5 minutes, you want the pastry cooked and just golden.