In Thailand they sell this sweet toast ready made in packets, like a lot of bakery products they tend to be eaten for desserts. The photo at the top is my version of it, the photo at the bottom is the commercial product, made with little mini slicers of bread, each one 4cm x 4cm. To recreate the recipe I'm using full sized sliced bread cut into quarters.
300 gms Butter
150 gms Icing Sugar
Black Sesame Seeds for Garnish
10 Slices White Bread
1. Cream the butter with the icing sugar to form butter cream icing.
2. Spread the icing thinly over the bread, on BOTH sides. If you find this difficult, leave the icing butter in the warm to become very soft.
3. Cut the crusts off the bread to neaten them up.
4. Cut the slices into quarters and place of a baking tray.
5. Sprinkle with a few sesame seeds over the top.
6. Bake in a low oven, 150 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
7. They will crisp up as they cool and the icing sugar and butter sets.