We made tamarind jam the other day, which makes a terrific biscuit filling.
Ingredients or Cookies
130 gms Wheat Flour
1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
A Pinch of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
2-3 Tablespoons Water
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Tablespoon Oil
1. Mix theflour, bicarbonate, sugar and salt, leave it for 10 minutes.
2. Then add butter in to mix flour and break it up between your fingers to a fine crumb.
3. Add oil and egg in, mix until you get a smooth dough, add a little water if necessary.
4. Roll flat, cut small cookies (2cms across).
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 180 degrees celsius until cooked, which only takes about 10 minutes.