This rice pudding-cake is made from black sticky rice, it is a variation of the traditional black rice pudding, and gives me an excuse to layer young coconut in, one of my favorite dessert ingredients.
100 gms Black Sticky Rice
70 gms Sugar
220 ml Coconut Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Young Coconut Meat
1. Soak the black sticky rice in water overnight.
2. Steam for 25 minutes, I place foil in a Chinese steamer, pierce some holes in it, then place the rice on top.
3. In a saucepan, place the coconut milk, sugar, and salt and steamed rice.
4. Heat and stir over a low heat until the liquid has dried off and the rice is very thick.
5. Place in a box in the fridge to set, I use a small non stick loaf tin.
6. The rice will form a solid loaf, you can then slice it, and layer it with young coconut.