This is a typical sweet coconut and bean dessert from Thailand, it is black soya beans soaked, steamed, and served in a sweet coconut sauce. This is an ideal vegetarian dish as the beans are full of protein and it can be used to follow a vegetable dish. It is even suitable for vegans.
Ingredients for 2 people
100 gms Dry Black Soya Bean
150 mls Coconut milk
50 gms Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. Soak the black soya bean in water overnight. They will swell to approximately double their size.
2. Place them in a chinese style steamer and steam for 30 minutes.
3. Put the sugar, coconut milk and salt, together in a pan and boil on a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
4. Serve the beans in a small dish covered with the warm coconut sugar mix.
5. They can also be served cold, but warm is preferable.