In the photograph you can see I've served this with papaya ice cream, I'll do the recipe for this icecream tomorrow. The balls are also served with a syrup, so it's not strictly necessary to serve with ice cream.
120 gms Pumpkin
6 Tablespoons Sticky Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch
50 ml Bi tua Juice
100 ml Sugar Syrup
50 ml Coconut Milk
1. Clean and peel the pumpkin, steam for 20 minutes and leave to cool.
2. Mash the pumkin, add the sticky rice flour, cassava and mix together until thick. If the mixture if not a thick dough, add a little more rice flour.
3. Pinch off pieces and make small balls, approximately 1cm in diameter.
4. Boil a pan of water and cook the balls in the water for 3 minutes, remove and drop into cool water for 5 minutes.
5. To make the syrup, into a saucepan, take the bi-tua leaf juice, coconut milk and sugar syrup and heat to bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
6. Spoon over the pumpkin balls.