A bite sized crunchy sweet snack made from coconut milk and cassava starch that is baked slowly. If you want to store these, they should be kept in an airtight container. You may find a locked safe is a better place to keep them, in our house they seem to disappear as soon as I make them.
100 gms Cassava Starch
230 ml Coconut Milk
150 gms Sugar
2 Eggs Yolks
1 Teaspoon Butter
1. Boil the coconut milk with the sugar on a medium heat until dissolved.
2. Turn the heat off and mix in the eggs yolks.
3. Put the cassava starch into a dry frying pan and dry-fry for 20-30 seconds over a high heat (stir constantly). This will give the starch a slight toasted flavour.
4. Add the starch to the saucepan and stir it in over a low heat - until it forms a thick sticky dough.
5. Grease a baking tray with a little butter.
6. Take off pieces of the dough and press them into 2cm diameter balls and place them on the tray.
7. Cook in an over at 170 degrees celsius until brown, (1 hour is a typical baking time for these).
Hot Tee or Coffee