This is the Thai version of apple fritters, the batter is very much creamier thanks to the coconut milk used to enrich it. It is better to use a stronger apple that can survive the deep frying, however unlike the European version, don't use cooking apples, they are too sour.
3 Green Apples
100 gms Rice Flour
100 gms Wheat Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
200 mls Water
100 mls Coconut Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
3 Tablespoons Sugar
4 Tablespoons Desiccated Coconut
1. Peel and core the apples.
2. Slice crosswise into 1cm thick hoops.
3. Combine all the batter ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until mixed.
4. Heat the oil to 190 degrees C. (The hottest setting on a typical deep fat fryer).
5. Dip the apple slices into the batter and drop into the hot oil.
6. Fry until the batter is cooked and golden.
7. Drain on kitchen paper.