Another way to get children to eat their corn! These starch rocks contain chunks of 'gold' corn and are served in a coconut sauce with syrup to sweeten them. Corn has a natural sweetness that makes it good for desserts like this, and adding a little bit of fun by calling them gold rocks helps.
100 gms Cassava Starch Flour
100 gms Boiling Hot Water
100 gms Sweetcorn
1. Mix the colour with the hot water and pour into the cassava starch. Stir to make a dough.
2. Add the corn, and stir it in, take pieces of the dough and press the corn into the sides of the dough to form a rock shape (see the photograph). A small handful of the mixture in each rock.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil, drop the rock into the biling water to cook for 5 minutes, these rocks are large and need to have a long time to cook.
4. Scoop out of the boiling pan with a sieve and drop them into cold water.
5. Serve with syrup and coconut sauce.
Ingredients for Syrup & Coconut
200 gms Sugar
300 ml Water
200 ml Coconut Milk
Pinch of Salt
1. Boil the water, add the sugar until the sugar dissolves then leave to cool.
2. Separately mix the coconut milk and salt together and warm through to the salt has dissolved and coconut milk is smooth.
3. Serve these sauces separately, a person adds a little sugar and a little salt to their dessert as they like.