A firm favorite during the hot season in Thailand (around April when we have Songkran, a festival when we throw water at each other). This ice cream is a mixture of frozen cream and yoghurt for a creamier taste.
30 gms Kiwi Fruit
100 ml Yoghurt
100 ml Whipping Cream
50 ml Sugar
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
2 Eggs Yolk
1. Clean and peel the kiwi, it's better to remove the bulk of the seeds and just keep the pulp, since the seeds make it bitter.
2. Blend with the yoghurt and lime juice and set aside.
3. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until creaming.
4. Add the whipping cream, and which until mixed.
5. Heat the egg cream mixture in a bain marie, stirring all the time. You want to bring it to just short of boiling, enough to cook the egg, but not enough to separate the mixture.
6. Leave to cool, then mix in the yoghurt mixture.
7. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, then remove it, whisk it again to break up ice crystals, and put it back in the freezer.