I love coffee and I love ice creams and this recipe is the best of both put together. Actually it has cocoa in it too, making it more like Mocha blend. This has the added advantage of making the ice cream difficult to set, making it smoother and softer.
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
2 Teaspoons Instant Coffee Powder
150 gms Sugar
250 ml Double Cream
200 ml Evaporated Milk
1 Egg Yolk
1. Whisk the milk, egg yolk and sugar for 5 minutes and set aside.
2. Whisk the cream until it become firm, let it cool in the fridge.
3. In a saucepan, gently warm it to cook through the egg, it is important not to lot the mixture boil or the egg will scramble.
4. Add the cocoa and coffee and stir to dissolve.
5. Let it cool and stir in the cream.
6. Place in the freezer to freeze, after 6 hours take it out and whisk it to break up any ice crystals, then freeze again.