Soft, slightly sweet with a slight nutty flavour from the sesame seeds. That's how I would describe this dessert. The dark yellow pieces in the picture are pieces of jack fruit.
30 gms Jack Fruit
120 gms Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch
2 Tablespoons ( Pang Turw Yai Murm )or Corn Flour
150 gms Sugar
250 ml Coconut Milk
250 ml Evaporated Milk
250 ml Limestone Water (optional)
1-2 Drops Jasmin Flavour (optional)
1. Mix the cassava starch, corn flour and rice flour together, then add the sugar.
2. Mix in the coconut milk, evaporated milk, limestone water, and jasmin flavour.
3. Heat in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring continuously until the mixture becomes thick and sticky, then lower the heat and continue cooking for 1 minute to cook it through, then take off the heat.
4. Chop the jack fruit into small pieces, mix into the flour mixture.
5. Empty the mixture into a try, (a small lasagne tray works well), sprinkly the sesame seeds over the top, then leave to cool.
6. When its cold and set, remove from the tray and cut into squares.