500 ml Soya Milk
100 gms Sugar
2 Drops Vanilla Essence
5 gms Agar Powder
Ingredients for Caramel Sauce
200 gms Sugar
100 ml Water
1 Drop Vanilla Essence
1. Put the soya milk into a saucepan, add the agar powder and warm through until the agar has dissolved. Don't let the soya boil. Add the sugar and stir until that has dissolved too, then pour into a mould and leave to cool in the fridge.
2. To make the caramel, place the sugar and water into a saucepan and boil hard until the sugar has burnt to the brown colour shown in the photograph.
3. Then take it off the heat, and add a little extra water to thin the caramel down and keep it liquid. Be careful when you add the water it will boil vigorously as the sugar is hotter than the boiling point of water.
4. Add a drop of vanilla essence to the caramel to enhance the vanilla taste.
5. Leave to cool.
6. To serve, simply pour the caramel over the false tofu!