We eat a lot of vegetables in desserts in Thailand, including potato. The starch in potato tastes sweet when eaten, enzymes in your mouth break the starch into sugars, so it's not such an unusual thing to have for a dessert.
Ingredients for 2 People
150 ml Water
150 gms Sugar
100 ml Coconut Milk
1. Peeling the potatoes and chop into bite sized cubes.
2. Steam for 10 minutes until fully cooked.
3. Boil the water with the sugar, until dissolved and leave to cool.
4. Boil the coconut milk with the salt for the salt to dissolve and the coconut milk to get hot.
5. Serve the potatoes in a bowl, with the hot coconut milk poured over them, and pour over enough syrup to make it as sweet as you like.