Not so much red as brown! These sticky rice sweet cakes are made into paper cups and eaten as a dessert. If you can't get hold of the coconut sugar you can substitute extra brown sugar, but it's not as good.
200 gms Sticky Rice
100 gms Brown Sugar
50 gms Coconut Sugar
200 ml Coconut Milk
100 ml Water
2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Soak the sticky rice in water overnight.
2. Steam for 10 minutes (until cooked) then leave to cool.
3. In a saucepan, boil the water, brown sugar and coconut sugar, and reduce it until it nearly caramelizes.
4. Add the coconut milk and cook slowly for 3 minutes, stirring to mix.
5. Add the sticky rice, and stir until the mix become sticky. Leave to cool.
6. Spoon into paper cups and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.