These don't look like much but they have a great coconut taste. The different shapes add a texture too. But how to show that in a photograph!? They may not look much, but give them a try and you'll see.
50 gms Sticky Rice Flour
25 gms Rice Flour
1 Tablespoons Cassava Starch
50 ml Rose Water
200 gms Sugar
250 ml Water
200 ml Coconut Milk
A Pinch of Salt
Water for Boiling
A Bowl of Cool Water
1. Mix the rice flour, sticky rice flour and starch together. Add enough of the rose water to form a stiff dough and knead it a little.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil.
3. Pinch off small pieces of the dough and roll them into worm shapes and small balls and drop them into the boiling water to cook. They cook quickly, typically one or two minutes depending on size.
4. Scoop out of the hot water and drop into the cool water to cool down.
5. Make a sugar syrup by adding the sugar, to water. Add just enough water to cover the sugar, then heat until the sugar is just dissolved and leave to cool.
6. Put the coconut milk on the heat, add a pinch of salt and just warm it till steam starts coming off, you just want to warm it.
7. To serve put the worms and balls in a bowl and pour the warm coconut milk over it and a spoonful or two of sugar syrup to sweeten to your tastes.