These coconut covered balls have a soft sweet center, try eating them when they're still warm.
200 gms Sticky Rice Flour
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch Flour
100 ml Warm Water
100 gms Palm Sugar
3 Tablespoons Water
50 gms Ground Coconut
100 gms Grated Coconut
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
4 Tablespoons Sugar
1. Mix all the flours together, add the water and mix to a paste.
2. Take the paste and roll into 2cm balls. This will form the outside of these balls.
3. Mix 3 tablespoons water, with the palm sugar in a saucepan and bring it to the boil. Add the ground coconut and stir until its mixed, then removed from the heat.
4. Once it has cooled you can take some of this paste and roll it into 1 cm balls in you hands. These smaller balls will form the centre.
5. Take a sticky rice ball, flatten it in your hand to form a disc. Put a ground coconut ball in the centre of the disc, fold up the edges and crimp closed. You can then roll it between your two hands to round off the ball.
6. Boil a pan of water, drop the balls into the water to cook for 3 minutes, then remove and drain.
7. For the outside, mix the grated coconut, salt, and sugar together and roll the ball in that coating.