This dessert is steamed, with a salty coconut topping and sweet body made from rice flour and brown sugar. In the photograph I decorated it with some toasted sesame seeds, but that was just to make the photograph more interesting!
Ingredients The Base
50 gms Rice Flour
100 gms Sugar
70 ml Coconut Milk
100 ml Water
Ingredients The Top
100 ml Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Rice Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. For the base: Mix the rice flour with all ingredients and stir until mixed.
2. Preheat the bowls you will be making the dessert in by steaming them.
3. Put the base mix into the bowls and steam for 15 minutes to cook.
4. For the topping: Mix Rice flour, coconut milk and salt together.
5. Spoon the topping over the base and steam for 10 more minutes.
6. When serving garnish with sesame seeds.