I have two puddings for you today, this is yellow soya in a sticky sauce. Normally served with coconut milk, but for extra richness you can do what I've done for the photograph and add a spoonful of coconut cream (the rich top layer of the coconut milk) instead.
50 gms Green Soya Beans (Or Yellow if you can get them)
200 gms Sugar
300 gms Water
1 Tablespoon Cassava Starch
100 ml Coconut Milk
1. Soak the green soya beans in warm water overnight and remove the skins. The process is explained here.
2. Steam the yellow soya for 45 minutes.
3. Put 300 ml water into a saucepan, add the sugar and boil.
4. Mix the cassava starch with 3 tablespoons water, and stir into the sugar water to thicken it.
5. Add the yellow soya and stir it in.
6. Serve warm with a tablespoon of coconut milk poured over it.