House chicken is really free range chicken, traditionally kept at home in the garden. In Thailand we call it house chicken. It's got less meat and is tougher than farm grow chicken, but has a lot more flavour. This dish is pan fried house chicken with garlic & fish sauce - a typical way to eat small cuts of house chicken.
Ingredients for 3 People
150 gms House Chicken Wings
4 Garlic Cloves
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper Corn
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
Oil for frying
1. Clean the chicken wings and chop each into half.
2. Pound the garlic with the black pepper corns in a Thai mortar until well ground up.
3. Add the mixture to the chicken wings and mix.
4. Add the fish sauce, light soy sauce, mix well and marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
5. Place oil in a shallow frying pan, so that its half way up the side of the pan and place on the heat to get it good and hot.
6. Fry the whole mixture, the chicken together with the garlic, until the chicken is good and brown.
7. Serve both the chicken and the fried garlic together.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Chicken Sauce (Chilli Sauce for Chicken Dishes)