Yes they're chicken wings not legs! The top joint of the wing is cut and formed to look like a small chicken leg. The meat and skin is pushed back to give a clean bone at the end. I like to use a batter flour when coating these, which already has dried egg in it. If you don't have that, use flour and add an egg yolk to the flour batter to help it stick.
4-5 Chicken Wings
3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Maggi Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1/3 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 Tablespoon Batter Flour
4 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
Oil for Deep Frying
1. Clean and cut the top bone of chicken wing and pull the meat back to reveal the bone. You can see from the photograph, you want the top chicken joint to look like a leg.
2. Mix the light soy sauce, Maggi sauce, salt, sugar, and white pepper together and put chicken wing in, mix it up and leave it for 20 minutes to absorb the flavours.
3. Preheat the frying oil.
4. Mix the batter flour with a little bit of water.
5. Dip the meat in the batter, then dip in sesame seeds and drop into the hot oil.
6. Cook on a low to medium heat for 10-15 minutes, the chicken must be cooked inside, so it's important to cook is slowly.
Thai Fragrant Rice
Sweet Chicken Sauce