These deep fried pork sandwiches are also great as an appetizer or snack, the only downside is the amount of fat in this dish. Not suprisingly the bread soaks up some of the cooking oil and so its best to only eat these as a treat or as a small part of a larger meal.
Ingredients for 2 People
6 Slices of Bread
40 gms Pork Mince
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic Cloves
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
2 Tablespoons Chopped Spring Onion
350 ml Oil (Enough to deep fry)
1. Mix the pork mince with egg, salt, light soy sauce, ground pepper, spring onions and garlic together.
2. Take a couple of slices of bread and cut each into 9 equal squares.
3. Spoon some of the mixture onto the bread to make mini-sandwiches and stick a toothpick through them to hold them together.
4. Deep frying in 190 degree Celsius oil (very hot).
5. They will cook very quickly, be careful not to burn them.
Sweet 'Chicken' Sauce (The sweet chilli sauce intended for chicken).
Sliced Spring Onions