These tubes are rolled up wonton pastry covered with red pork and deep fried, and served with sweet plum dipping sauce.
1 Tablespoon Red Curry Paste
100 gms Pork Mince
1 Tablespoon Sugar
20-25 Won Ton Pastries (The ready made pastry slices)
Oil For Deep Frying
1. Mix the pork mince, red curry paste, and sugar together. Leave it to marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Take a wonton and spread the mixture evenly over it.
3. Roll up into a tube.
4. Steam these tubes for 8 minutes in a chinese steamer. This pre-cooking gives the pork chance to cook, the pastry cooks too quickly otherwise.
5. Heat the oil to 190 degrees (hot).
6. Fry the tubes for 30 seconds, just enough to make them crispy.
Ingredients to Serve With
Chopped Red Onions