A common item from Chinese restaurants, here I've made a spring roll with a little pork to make it into a complete meal. You don't have to make spring rolls into rolls, I like to fold them into triangles too. Spring roll pastry is treated to stop the fat soaking into the pastry, you cannot make them yourself, you should by it from your Asian grocers.
4-6 Spring Rolls Papers
50 gms Pork Mince
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
30 gms Carrots
30 gms Glass Noodles
Oil for Deep Frying
1. Whip the egg to break up the yolk.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
3. Add the pork mince, light soy sauce, white pepper and stir frying until the mince is cooked.
4. Peel the carrot and grate into thin strips, or slice with a knife.
5. Soak the glass noodle in warm water for 20 minutes, then remove it from the water and dry.
6. To make the spring roll, take the spring roll paper, lay out some mince, carrot and glass noodles then roll up the roll, folding the ends in as you roll.
7. Spread a little of the egg along the edge of the spring roll paper to seal it.
8. Heat the deep frying oil to 180 degrees Celsius.
9. Fry the spring rolls for 1-2 minutes, drain and serve.
Sweet Chilli Sauce