1 kg Fish
Oil for Deep Frying
50 gms Chinese Cabbage
50 gms Long Green Beans
2-3 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
300 ml Water
3 Tablespoons Sugar
5 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoons Salt
10 gms Tamarind Pulp
1. Clean the fish and score it deeply with diagonal cuts. Dry the cuts with kitchen paper.
2. Clean the green beans and Chinese cabbage then chop into 4 cm pieces.
3. Deep fry the fish in 190 degrees Celsius oil. The fish is cooked when it is crunchy and golden. Once that happens, remove it and drain any excess oil from the fish using kitchen paper.
4. Make the sour soup by putting water into a saucepan, add the tamarind and squeeze the pulp with your hand to get the juice from it. Taste the water to see if it's sour enough for your tastes, if not keep mixing and squeezing the tamarind in the water until it is. You can remove the tamarind pulp once you have the flavour.
5. Bring the water to a boil, add the curry paste and mix it into the water.
6. Add the fish sauce, sugar and salt and boil for 4 minutes, then remove from the heat.
7. To serve place the fish in the bowl, place the vegetables around it and pour the sauce over the whole lot.
Thai Fragrant Rice