Ingredients for 2 People
100 gms Squid
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Tablespoons Light Soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
100 ml Oil
1. Cut the squid like squares clean the inside of the squid carefully, remove the beak if it is still present.
2. Score the squid with diagonal criss-cross scoring, this will make it more tender and less chewy once cooked.
3. Pound the garlic in a Thai mortar and mix with squid, light soy sauce and fish sauce.
4. Put oil into a frying pan over a medium heat.
5. Add the squid mixture into the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
6. If you overcook squid it becomes chewy, so only light, short cooking is necessary.