Fish bones can be such a pain for your guests, for this dish I cut large fillet nuggets from the flesh, cut the head and tail off and lay the fish segments to look like a body.
500 gms Tilapia or White Firm Flesh Fish
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Coriander Root
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
100 gms Wheat Flour
Oil for Deep Frying
1. Clean the fish and slice the fillet off the bone and cut into large chunks. The bones come off in one piece if you cut from the back bone and gently let the knife do the work.
2. Pound the garlic, coriander root and black peppercorns, together. Mix with the light soy sauce and salt and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil to 170 degrees celsius.
4. Dip the fish in the flour, and fry until cooked.
5. Fry the heat and tail too.
6. Reassemble the fish and serve with the dipping sauce.
Ingredients for Spicy Seafood Sauce
5 Bird Chillies
1 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.