A tasty prawn & garlic omelette garnished with fried prawns. This is not a spicy dish, so if you're not a fan of spicy food then this is suitable for you. You will need chicken stock powder for this, it's similar to a chicken stock cube but in a powder form that can be mixed with the egg.
Ingredients for 2 People
2 Cloves Garlic
4 Prawns (2 for omelette and 2 for garnish)
1 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Chicken Stock Powder
1 Teaspoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
1 Tablespoon Oil
1. Clean 2 of the prawns, cut them down the back and remove the black thread gut. Remove all the shell and chop them into a fine mince.
2. Whip the eggs with chicken powder, white pepper, fish sauce, and chopped coriander leaves.
3. Add the shrimp mince to the whipped eggs.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot, peel and chop the garlic finely and fry until the smell is released (appex 20 seconds), add the egg mixture for 1 minute on each side, then remove it and set it to one side.
5. Fry the two remaining prawns in the pan for a minute each side and use to garnish the omelette. I prefer to fry the prawn garnish in their shells, because they look better, but if you prefer you can de-shell them before frying.
Hot Thai Fragrant Rice