A favorite of my younger brother and sister. These parcels are fried and crispy wonton pastry with a quails egg inside and are eaten with a sweet chillie sauce. The wonton skins you can buy in packets from Asian grocers. Wontons are a type of pastry treated to avoid soaking up oil when frying.
12 Quail Eggs
12 Wonton Skins
Oil for deep fry
1. Boil the quail eggs in water for 8 minutes.
2. Remove the shells and dry them.
3. Heat oil in a deep fat fryer to 170 degrees celsius.
4. Wrap each egg up in wonton skins (as in the photograph below) and skewer onto wooden sticks. I typically put 4 of them onto each stick.
5. Deep fry in the hot oil for 2 minutes.
Sweet Chicken Sauce