Thai fragrant rice is the main part of the Thai diet. Nearly every meal is served with rice, and it is very important to use only the best quality rice. Fragrant rice has a near perfume fragrance, and is also known as Jasmine Rice, but that is a brand-name rather than a rice type.
Guide For Cooking
The easiest way to cook Thai rice is in a rice cooker. They are not expensive and it is much easier. However you can cook it in a boiling pan.
1. For every 2 cups of rice, use 3 cups of water.
2. Good quality rice does not typically need to be rinsed, you can place the rice and water straight into the pan.
3. Place over a low heat and bring the water to a boil, then turn it down to a low simmer and cover. Do not stir.
4. Once the water has all been absorbed into the rice, turn the heat right down and warm for a further 3-5 minutes.
5. If you have a rice cooker it is trivial, put the rice and water into the rice cooker, flick the switch. Once the rice is cooked, leave warming for a further 3-5 minutes and you're done.