This rich sauce is flavoured with star-anise for a touch of oriental spice. If you can, get the shitake mushroom, used to add extra flavour. It soaks up the sauce and gives you a burst of star anise flavour when you bite into it.
500 gms Chicken Wings
200 ml White Wine
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1/3 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Shitake Mushrooms
2 Star Anise
1. Clean the chicken wings, put into a frying pan.
2. Add the white wine, pepper, sugar, shitake mushrooms, star anise and light soy sauce.
3. Cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, turning over once.
4. Remove the chicken and mushrooms and set aside.
5. Deglaze the pan, by adding a little extra white wine and stirring to make the sauce.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Thai Fragrant Rice