I make this as a lunch box item, it has plenty of chicken and vegetables and keeps well, so it survives through till lunch time usually.
500 gms Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
50 gms Carrots
50 gms Spring Onion
2 Tablespoons Plum Sauce
1. Clean the chicken breast, skin it, lay a sheet of plastic or film wrap down, place the chicken on the plastic and bash the chicken flat with a pestle. The plastic will help you roll it up later.
2. Pound the garlic and black peppercorns together in a mortar, add the soy sauce and salt.
3. Cover the chicken in this mix for 2-3 hours to marinade.
4. In a blender blend the vegetables finely, mix in the plum sauce to bind them together.
5. Spoon the mixture over the chicken breasts and spread it out. Use the plastic to help you roll up the chicken breast. If you fold over the edges as you roll, it will stop the contents spilling out. Pull the plastic tight.
6. If you leave it in the fridge, it will firm up.
7. Prepare 3 plates, 1 plate of flour, 1 of beaten egg, one of bread crumbs.
8. Dip the chicken roll in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
9. Drop into medium hot oil (180 degrees celsius), then drop the temperature down to low (170 degrees) and cook slowly. Then chick takes time to cook, so you will need to cook it slowly.
Sweet Chilli Sauce