Notice the burn marks on the banana leaves, that adds to the flavours. In the photograph, I've opened one of the leave parcels at the back so you can see the chicken inside.
200 gms Chicken Breast
3 Large Eggs
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Lemon Grass Stalk
3 Kaffir Leaves
10 gms Coriander Leaves
10 gms Spring Onions
3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Old Fish Sauce
Pinch of Sugar
220 ml Coconut Milk
Basil Leaves for Garnish
Banana Leaves to Wrap
1. Clean and slice the chicken breast thinly, and mix with eggs in a saucepan.
2. Pound the chillies, garlic and lemon grass together in a Thai mortar, mix with the chicken and eggs.
3. Chop the coriander, spring onions and kaffir leaves and mix those in.
4. Add the coconut milk, fish sauces and sugar and mix together.
5. Cook on a medium heat until the liquid boils off.
6. Cut the banana leaves into rectangles, spoon the mixture, add a basil leave in and fold up. Tie them or staple them closed.
7. Grill gently until the banana leaves are burnt, then serve.