If you made my Thai steamed chicken yesterday, this is a great way to use up any left over cooked chicken. Each guest is presented with noodles, vegetables, chicken, chillies and a bowl of dipping sauce and assembles a lettuce parcel for themselves. They take a piece of lettuce, put the ingredients they want into the middle, spoon some sauce over it, then fold up the lettuce and eat it. It's similar to Nam Nuang (rice paper parcels). In the photograph below you can see the noodles, and other ingredients to go inside the parcel.
Cooked Chicken Meat
Chopped Bird Chillies
Chopped Lemon or Mango Pieces
Finely Sliced Lemon Grass
1. Cook the rice noodle in boiling water for 3 minutes
2. Chop the lemon grass, and chillies finely.
3. Shred the chicken into strips.
4. Lay out on a plate, the noodles are normally presented in small bundles to make them easier to eat.
Ingredients for Sauce
70 gms Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
100 ml Water
2 Tablespoon Chopped Peanuts
1 Teaspoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
Preparation for Sauce
1. Put the water, salt and brown sugar into a saucepan.
2. Cook on a low heat until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
3. Add the chopped peanuts and the coriander.
4. Leave to cool before serving.