These look like chicken drumsticks, but they are stuffed with a mixture of pork and flavourings, and are more like sausages with the chicken skin used as the sausage skin. Chicken legs that taste like pork.
5-6 Chicken Legs
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Coriander Roots
1/2 Teaspoon Peppercorns
100 gms Pork Mince
20 gms Chopped Carrot
20 gms Chopped Spring Onions
20 gms Chopped Baby Corn
20 gms Mushrooms
20 gms Grass Noodle
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1. Clean the chicken legs, fold the skin back carefuly, so as not to damage it. Chop off the end of the leg bone, so that you have only the end of the leg bone with the skin still attached to it. You can save the chicken meat and bone for other dishes.
2. Pound the garlic, peppercorns, and coriander root to grind them, mix with the pork mince, add light soy, oyster sauce, and sugar and mix. Leave it for 30 minutes to let the flavours blend.
3. If the noodle is dried, soak it for 15 minutes to soften it.
4. Into a blender, blend the vegetables, and noodles to break them up, mix into the pork mixture.
5. Stuff the chicken leg skins with this pork mixture to fill them, seal the end by threading through a toothpick.
6. Grill at 170 degrees celsius until cooked, serve with coriander leaves, mint, sweet basil, roasted peanuts and chillies.