1 Whole Duck
Dark Soy Sauce
Preparation for the Duck
1. Clean and wash the duck.
2. Scald the skin by pouring boiling water over it.
3. Take your fingers and run them under the duck skin to separate the skin from the fat.
3. Pat the skin dry with kitchen paper.
4. Dissolve palm sugar and honey in soy sauce, and brush it over the duck, leave to dry and brush again to build up a good coating.
5. Roast in the oven, 1 hour per kilo in a medium oven is typical, for the last 5 minutes turn the heat up to crisp the skin.
Ingredients For Sauce
3 Tablespoons Hoi Sin Sauce
50 ml Water
2 Tablespoons Chinese Whiskey or Ya Dong (Thai herb spirit)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan.
2. Heat until they begin to steam, then turn off the heat.
3. Layer fragrant rice, then duck, the spoon over the sauce.