This is perfect Thai farmer picnic food. Traditionally you keep the rice in a ga-tip and take a parcel of this grilled pork with you into the field. At lunch time you wash your hands (!), take a small ball of sticky rice in your fingertips and some of the meat and onions and eat. Perhaps with some cucumber and lettuce to add some extra green vegetables.
Ingredients for 2 People
200 gms Pork with Fat
1 Tablespoon Chopped Spring Onion
1 Teaspoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Flaked Chilli
3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Toasted Sticky Rice
1 Tablespoon Water
5 Mint Leaves
1. Clean the pork and grill it until it is nearly cooked (we will cook it again later).
2. Slice the grilled cooked pork into strips.
3. Chop the garlic and chillies and put them into a sauce pan.
4. Add the flaked chillies, fish sauce, lemon juice, toasted rice, and water.
5. Add the pork into the pan with the other ingredients and cook over a high heat for an extra 1 minute.
6. Add the chopped coriander leaves, spring onion and mint at the end of cooking and mix thoroughly.
Steam Sticky Rice