As summer arrives in the northern hemisphere, so do the barbecue recipes! When I was a child, we would go fishing and barbecue our catch right there next to the river. We'd season with lemon grass and kaffir, which grew next to the river and only the sauce would be pre-prepared.
500 gms River Fish
1 Stalk Lemon Grass
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1. Chop the lemon grass.
2. Clean and gut the fish, fill with the kaffir leaves and lemon grass slices.
3. Rub salt into the outside.
4. Grill over charcoal until cooked then serve with the following spicy sauce.
Ingredients for Sauce
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Coriander Root
1 Red Onion
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1/4 Teasoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. In tinfoil, wrap the chillies, garlic, onion (cut into quarters) and coriander root.
2. Place the foil parcel on the grill until cooked.
3. Pound in a Thai mortar, add fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and chopped coriander.
4. Serve as a dipping sauce for the fish.