The glaze on this chicken is made from sweet chilli, sugar and wine. It adds a slight sharpness to the chicken, so typical of Thai dishes. For children we sometimes use ketchup in place of sweet chilli sauce.
300 gms Chicken Legs
1 Teaspoons Salt
5 Tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sugar
4 Tablespoons White Wine
Oil for deep frying
1. Clean and steam the chicken legs for 20 minutes to cook them.
2. Preheat the oil, to 170 degree celsius.
3. Fry the chicken legs for 8 minutes to brown them.
4. Into a small saucepan, put the sweet chilli sauce, sugar, salt and white wine, and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Add the chicken legs and stir them to get them coated with a little of the glaze. Then serve.
Thai Fragrant Rice