This noodle curry dish is standard faire among Isaan Thais (North Eastern Thais). The predominant taste is of fish sauce & chilli rather than curry, but this can be a bit overwhelming so you may prefer to increase the chicken and peanuts if you are not accustomed to authentic Thai food. You can use either pork or chicken in this recipe.
Ingredient for Family
200 gms Chicken Breast
50 gms Red Curry Paste
50 gms Peanuts
3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
300 mls Coconut Milk
200 mls Water
200 gms Flat Rice Noodles
100 gms Cabbage
50 gms Cucumber
50 gms Green Beans
100 gms Lettuce
35 gms Coriander
20 gms Mint
1. Put coconut milk in a boiling pan and bring to the boil.
2. Add the red curry paste and mix.
3. Mince the chicken breast then add to the curry pan.
4. Cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5. Add the water and bring to the boil again.
6. Add the fish sauce, sugar, and salt, and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, toast peanuts in a dry frying pan to bring out the smell. The pound them in a mortar, or chop them into smaller pieces and add to the curry sauce.
1. Soak noodle with warm water for 15 minutes.
2. Steam for 5 minute, then rinse with cool water.
1. Slice cabbage for into small strips.
2. Cut the cucumber into small triangles.
3. Chop the green bean into short 1cm lengths.
4. Chop coriander into 3cm lengths.
5. Clean the mint, and take only the leaves.
1. Place all the vegetables on the plate.
2. Top off with the cooked noodles.
3. Ladle sauce over the noodles until the sauce covers the whole dish.