Normally this dish is presented as a plate of noodles (noodles confusingly called Ka Noom Jean) with the ingredients layered carefully and beautifully along it's length. However I prefer to make it in a volcano peak shape with the sauce running down the side like a lava stream! It's a dish of shredded chicken breast, on a bed of cucumber and rice noodles, topped off with a spicy chilli sauce and served with mint leaves & soya beansprouts.
Ingredients for 2 People
50 gms Rice Noodle
50 gms Chicken Breast
1 Teaspoons Salt
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
350 ml Water
50 gms Soya Beansprouts
30 gms Mint Leaves
Ingredients for Sauce
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Chilli Paste
1. Boil the rice noodle in water for 3 minutes. Remove them from the water. (Don't throw away the boiling water, we will cook the chicken in it!).
2. Bring the water back to the boil, add salt, white pepper and cook the chicken breast in the boiling water for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken breast and shred the chicken into thin strips.
4. In a small saucepan, mix the chilli paste with the fish sauce and lemon juice and bring to the boil, then turn off the heat.
5. To serve, place the noodles at the base, then slices of the cucumber, then the shredded chicken, top off with the soya beansprouts. Spoon some of the chilli sauce over the top and add the mint leaves.