If you made the Peking duck yesterday, now you can use the left over duck to make a duck noodle soup. You did remember to save some didn't you? For this I'm using a ready prepared pack of seasoning ingredients, these you buy in Asian supermarkets, if you can't get them, use cinnamon bark, star anise, galangal, and dried ginseng.
1 Peking Duck Breast
3 Garlic Cloves
3 Coriander Root
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Teablespoons Light Soy Sauce
3 Teablespoons Sugar
1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Pack Noodle Seasoning Ingredients
3 Litres Water
1. Boil water add the seasoning ingredients from the pack.
2. Pound the garlic, black pepper and coriander root together in a Thai mortar, add to the boiling water.
3. Add some soup bones, I use chopped pork bone.
4. Simmer for 1 hour.
5. Boil plain water, and cook the noodles in it for 3 minutes, then drain.
6. Blanc any vegetables in the boiling soup stock.
7. Assemble the dish by placing noodles on the base, slice the peking duck, and placing it over the top, then ladle soup over the top.