This sardine stir fried rice is another way to turn ordinary rice into a full meal. Sardines in cans are not expensive, and they have plenty of flavours plus the saltiness of the fish balances the rice perfectly. The final good thing about this dish is the fish itself, fish oils like the ones found in sardines are very good for you.
Ingredients 2 People
1-2 Tin Can Sardines (80gms)
300 gms Precooked Fragrant Rice
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
1 Teaspoons Salt
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/3 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Tablespoons Chilli Sauce
1. Chop the garlic and slice the onions.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan, and fry the garlic and onions for a few seconds.
3. Add the cooked rice and fry for 30 seconds to warm it through.
4. Add all the other ingredients including the sardines and stir fry for another 30 seconds.
5. I like to keep a sardine back as a garnish, and add it at the end.
Sliced Chillies in Fish Sauce