This is how Isan people, from the north east Thailand eat barbecued chicken. It's always served with sticky rice and since sticky rice is soaked for hours before it's cooked, you should allow plenty of time to prepare this dish. The spicy sauce is what makes this dish special. You take some of the chicken, and some of the sticky rice with your fingers, dip it into the sauce and eat. It's delicious!
100 gms Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Honey
1 Teaspoon Salt
4 Cloves Chopped Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. Cleaning the chicken breast and chop into 3cms cubes.
2. Mix the chopped chicken with all ingredients together and leave it to marinade for 15 minutes.
3. Skewer it onto the wooden sticks, and cook on a charcoal grill until cooked. Alternatively you can cook it in the oven at 180 degrees.
4. While it's cooking make the sticky rice and sauce.
Ingredients for Hot Chilli Sauce
8 Bird Chillies
4 Cherry Tomatoes
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Red Onion
1 Tablespoon Chop Coriander Leaves
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. Grill the bird chillies, red onion, garlic, and cherry tomatoes for 3 minutes until cooked.
2. Put these ingredients into a Thai mortar and pound them into a pulp (alternatively you can chop them finely by hand).
3. Add the fish sauce and salt and pound more to mix them in.
Steamed Green Cabbage
Long Green Beans