This savoury dish is perfect to take on picnics. Inside each banana parcel is rice and beans and fatty pork, packaged in a way that makes it easy to eat. I find these not very interesting on their own and like to eat them with meat strips fried in garlic.
Ingredients for 8
100 gms Sticky Rice
50 gms Pork With Fat & Rind
30 gms Black Beans
30 gms Red Beans
2 Teaspoons Salt
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
Cloth String (Not plastic)
1. Soak the sticky rice, black beans and red beans, in water overnight.
2. Chop the pork into small pieces and fry seasoned with salt and white pepper for 3 minutes.
3. Mix the sticky rice & beans with the pork.
4. Cut the banana leaves into 8 25x30cm sized pieces.
5. Spoon the rice & pork mixture into the centre of the leaves, rollw them up into parcels and tie with the string.
6. Place the parcels into boiling water for 40-50 minutes.